Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A classic scone that you can add any ingredient to make it your own....Fruit, chocolate chips, candy, cheese, meat whatever your imagination will allow!
- 72 lbs all-purpose flour
- 24 lbs cake flour
- 18 lbs sugar
- 4 1⁄2 lbs baking powder
- 2 ounces salt
- 24 lbs butter
- 48 eggs
- 8 gallons buttermilk
- 6 lbs fruit (optional) or 6 lbs cheese (optional)
- mix dry ingredients well.
- add butter and mix using a paddle until the texture of cornmeal.
- add eggs and mix only until incorporated.
- add buttermilk quickly mixing just until combined.
- Add optional ingredients just until combined, being careful not to overwork the dough.
- The dough will be very sticky.
- place dough on sheet pans and freeze 2 plus hours.
- Cut into shapes and bake at 385 for 15-18 minutes.
- This recipes is designed for a large quantity use but can be scaled down using recipezaar to fit your needs.
this chef is absolutely MAD!!