Recipe by ByNDii
Light and easy, good for those cake cravings, as cake bases in trifles, or just a simple cake to serve for guests. In my picture - I had accidentally burnt the top, so I had cut it off and just coated the remainder in cream :) .... also, if you want your cake to be a bit sweeter - a teaspoon of vanilla essence when you're adding the sugar to the egg.
Top Review by shergraham
This got zero stars with my husband but that is because I used corn meal. DO NOT TRY THIS unless your craving is for a light, fluffy but gritty giant muffin. It is only fair to give 3 stars imagining that it would be good once I try another flour. Next and final attempt will be brown rice flour.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, crack all 4 eggs. With an electric beater, beat for about 10minutes, or until the eggs are thick and creamy.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Gently fold the corn flour into the egg mixture.
- Pour into a cake tin and bake at 180 degrees Celcius for about 35minutes. (or until cooked through, I tell by poking a metal kebab stick into the center and if when I pull it out there's no residue stuck to the stick - it's cooked!).
- Let cool. Decorate with icing sugar, maybe a few strawberries. Perhaps cut it in half and sandwich the cake with cream. All fantastic ideas :).