Recipe by Tebo
My all time comfort food. It is not a Yorkshire but just as good I think. But you must not beat in the eggs or flour. It should be really lumpy and "eggy" looking before cooking. Use lots of Pam spray if not using non stick pan.
Top Review by Dana-MMH
I really enjoyed these. Made them for dinner last night and they turned out perfect. Loaded mine with lots of butter...yummy!!! Whenever I go shopping at Marshall Fields (Hudson's) I always have a popover, now I can make my own. Thanks :)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put flour and salt on paper towel (why dirty a dish?).
- Put milk in a bowl and add eggs.
- Break eggs& yoke by lifting a fork under them 2 or 3 times Do not beat it (you should see the eggs in the milk).
- Add flour and salt all at once.
- With a fork fold into milk and leave it very lumpy (break up large lumps but leave it real lumpy).
- Liberally spray (lightly if using a non stick pan) an 8 cup muffin tin with Pam.
- Fill cups 3/4 full.
- Place in a COLD oven.
- Set oven to 450 degrees and cook 30 to 35 minutes.
- A 12 cup muffin tin can be used but the cooking time must be adjusted lower.
- These have always come out crisp outside, soft inside and puffy.
- They can be done ahead and reheated as well.