Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This comes from my very old hand written cookbook. Another good 'tin filler':) This recipe does not contain cocoa that is one reason they are called 'plain' :)
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (level)
- 1 cup flour (slightly heaped)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup raw peanuts
- Melt together the butter, golden syrup and sugar.
- Put other ingredients into a bowl and pour over melted mixture.
- Mix well.
- Put teaspoonful onto a cold ungreased tray and press down lightly with a fork.
- Bake at 300'F for 15 minutes.
Really yummy and easy as to make! Husband LOVES them!! Thx mum! :)