Recipe by KyJo
This was my Mom's recipe and we ate a lot of it when I was growing up. You can use this dough for just about anything. We even like it as a pizza crust. Cooking time is just a guess, I always go by the thumping method on bread loaves. Makes 1 doz nuclear rolls or 2 loaves of bread
Top Review by Karen Silla
I do have some experience baking bread so was able to fill in the blanks in the instructions. The proper way to add the water is once you get the yeast dissolved add water, oil and egg and salt. Stir and begin adding the flour. Then knead.... I baked at 375 and the loaves were nice and large with big rounded tops.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 tablespoon saf instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 2⁄3 cups water
- 5 -7 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the yeast in the 3/4 cup warm water with the 1 tsp sugar added.
- Add the salt and vegetable oil.
- (Sometimes, if I want a richer tasting bread I will even add an egg at this point.) Stil in about half the flour and blend until smooth.
- Keep adding flour, by hand, until its of kneading consistency.
- Put on floured board and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place in greased bowl, and make sure the top of the dough gets oiled, cover, and let rise.
- Prepare it in any way you like.