Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was my Mom's recipe and we ate a lot of it when I was growing up. You can use this dough for just about anything. We even like it as a pizza crust. Cooking time is just a guess, I always go by the thumping method on bread loaves. Makes 1 doz nuclear rolls or 2 loaves of bread
- Dissolve the yeast in the 3/4 cup warm water with the 1 tsp sugar added.
- Add the salt and vegetable oil.
- (Sometimes, if I want a richer tasting bread I will even add an egg at this point.) Stil in about half the flour and blend until smooth.
- Keep adding flour, by hand, until its of kneading consistency.
- Put on floured board and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place in greased bowl, and make sure the top of the dough gets oiled, cover, and let rise.
- Prepare it in any way you like.