Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
i call this plain old boring meatloaf cause this is my dh's favorite meal= and we eat at 5 star resteraunts alot-- he would eat this every nite if i would make it for him, i took the summer off ,do it now that it's cooler. he is in meatloaf heaven- go figger...
- 1 lb chopped beef
- 1⁄2 lb chopped veal
- 1⁄2 lb chopped pork (this is often sold as meatloaf mix)
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 egg
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 idaho potatoes, quartered
- baby carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- mix the ground meats, breadcrumbs , ketchup, worcesteshire and egg in a large bowl.
- form into a loaf shape and put in a large casserole dish.
- preheat oven to 375.
- slice lge onion and place around meat loaf.
- cut potatoes and place around onions.
- add carrots, top all with tomato sauce.
- cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours, turning potatoes over after 45 minutes.slice and serve.
This is necessary to keep in your cook book if you want to have a great recipe for an favourite old standby!
I made just the meatloaf part of this recipe and added rice to it to make stuffed peppers. Oh yeah, and I added 1 small onion to the meat. Also I added the tomato sauce with some garlic and basil added over the top of each pepper before baking. We loved it!
Oh YUM! Not so plain either. DH is away but hopefully he'll be back tomorrow to have some. It was easy to make and it's a whole meal. I followed all directions as listed but used red potatoes siince it's what I had and I used 16 oz. sauce of a garlic variety. I would add more onions next time as Tina suggested since they got so nice and sweet. Thanks for another winner!