1/1 Photo of Plain-Old Brownies
1 hr 10 mins
There's nothing exotic or 'different' about these brownies. That's why I call them 'Plain-Old Brownies'. But they taste wonderful and everyone will love them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- 2Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with foil (allowing two edges to protrude and be used as handles when removing the brownies) and butter foil and any part of pan that has exposed sides.
- 3Melt chocolate with butter and allow to cool slightly (I melt mine, carefully, in the microwave it doesnt take much more than a minute).
- 4Beat eggs slightly with vanilla.
- 5Gradually beat in sugar and continue to beat for 2-3 minutes.
- 6Blend in warm chocolate mixture.
- 7Stir in flour.
- 8Spread in prepared pan.
- 9Sprinkle nuts over top.
- 10Bake about 45-50 minutes.
- 11Cool in pan for 15 minutes then gently pry out of pan, using foil handles.
- 12Cool completely.
- 13Melt chocolate with butter for topping; drizzle over brownies using tines of fork.
- 14Let stand until chocolate is firm before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plain-Old Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 42.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g