Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Straight up, wonderful, and delicious banana bread made with no dairy or eggs. Chocolate chips or walnuts would be a nice addition to this as well. The top of the bread has a lovely carmelized, crunchy crust when fully baked. This is delicious served warm with a bit of Earth Balance margarine on top!
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, at room temp
- 3 bananas, ripe and mashed well
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (almond milk ok too)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 8x4 bread pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Cream together the margarine and sugars.
- Add mashed bananas, soy or almond milk, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix well.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for an hour to an hour 10 minutes.