Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe included in my "Grandma's Wartime Edition Cookbook"
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat (crisco)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Add graduall eggs and milk, beat well.
- Melt crisco (fat) and add.
- Grease muffin tins; fill2/3 full.
- Bake 25 minutes in a hot oven 400 degrees.
- ½ cup less milk may be used and 1 cip berries added to the mixture.
Awesome recipe!! Especially on a budget. Only had to cook 18 min. oven was hot
This recipe was excellent!!! I was in a pinch this morning....and found this recipe...I made up the batter and baked it in an 8x8 pan....cut it in squares and served it with grape jelly. My children enjoyed it and asked for more. Great recipe...Thanks...
Thanks for the easy recipe!