Basic muffins that can be changed for many different flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift dry ingredients together.
- 2Beat egg and combine with milk.
- 3Add to dry ingredients and stir only until mixed.
- 4Add melted shortening.
- 5Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full. Bake in hot oven (425°) for 20-25 minutes.
- 6Applesauce muffins - Substitute applesauce for milk. Increase oil to 1/2 cup and sugar to 1 cup. Use 2 eggs. Add 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1 cup chopped nuts or raisins.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plain Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.3
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 107.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: