Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was given to me by a Mum at school. It has been handed down from generation to generation in her family. I love how simple it is without losing any quality in taste. Thanks Michelle!
- 2 1⁄4 cups self raising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 125 g melted butter
- Mix all ingredients in bowl.
- For Chocolate Cake substitute 1/4 cup Cocoa for 1/4 cup Flour.
- In 1 small tin cook for 45 - 50 minutes.
- in 2 tins cook for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Ice with your favourite thick butter icing.