Recipe by Nuttie Moo
A simple marshmallow recipe. Please note--cooking time does not include time it takes to set.
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 egg whites
- confectioners' sugar, to coat marshmallows and pan
- red food coloring, if making pink marshmallow
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sugar, water and gelatin then cool completely.
- Beat egg whites until peaks form.
- Add syrup, vinegar, salt, vanilla, cream of tartar and dye if using.
- Beat well for 10 minutes.
- Coat a baking tray with confectioners' sugar and pour in beaten mixture.
- Chill in a fridge overnight until set.