Recipe by mandabears
This is from Plain Jane's Thrill of Very Fattening Foods cookbook and is the brownie recipe (from scratch) that I use the most. Moist with a deep, dark chocolate flavor. I have included a caution that was in the cookbook with the brownies. Caution: Do not attempt to taste the chocolate batter before you've added the sugar. When taste-testing the raw batter, be sure to include one chocolate chip with each taste.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
This brownie has the texture we like so thank you so much for your contribution to this site. Also thank you for the detailed instructions which certainly makes a difference to texture and finished product. Must try adding raisins as someone else suggested.
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup flour, unsifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray an 8 x 8-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate and butter together; set aside to cool.
- In a bowl beat eggs and add sugar.
- Add vanilla and cooled chocolate/butter mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold in chips (and nuts if using).
- Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes. Do not overbake!