Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Roasted potatoes with no herbs but a lot of taste. I came up with this combining several other roasted potatoes recipes I had tried and didn't want all the fuss of using any other ingredients. Good when you just want to use what you have on hand. Fresh ground pepper, kosher salt and butter is a must! Use a large baking dish.
- 7 red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (a little more if you like)
- fresh ground pepper (I use mixed peppercorns)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter over medium, set aside.
- Wash, dry and quarter potatoes. Keep skins on.
- Place potatoes in a baking dish and coat with olive oil making sure the potatoes are thoroughly coated.
- Add kosher salt and toss with potatoes.
- Add melted butter and toss with potatoes.
- Liberally ground pepper over potatoes and toss.
- Place dish uncovered in the oven. Cook potatoes for one hour or until potatoes are crispy and golden brown.
I can't believe I haven't rated this recipe before now. I have made these potatoes about a dozen times already and they are incredible. They are brown and crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. I like to turn the potatoes over after 30 minutes to make sure that they are browned on all sides. It is a great side dish with a roast but I would be willing to eat a bowl of them all by themselves!
Delicious method for cooking potatoes. I couldn't resist not adding some rosemary and thyme seasoning! The potatoes smelled heavenly while cooking and I will be making these again and again! Made for Spring 2012 PAC.
I've made oven-roasted potatoes before, but they usually have more ingredients and often yield greasy results. These were just right--an attractive look and very tasty. Messy's measurements are spot on. Sometimes simple is best--thanks for reintroducing that seemingly forgotten concept, Messy!