Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are times when you do not want to mask the flavour of good, expensive steaks or lamb chops with a too-piquant sauce. This is a simple, French-dressing type sauce. Baste grilling meat frequently!
- 1⁄2 cup oil (olive is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar (use best ( wine or cider)
- 4 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon table mustard (any flavour)
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- Throw this into a processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust.
I grilled a stack of chicken for my daughter's wedding rehearsal dinner to go along with smoked brisket, spare ribs, etc... I used this for my marinade and my basting sauce. Excellent, simple sauce and seems to help browning as well. I blended everything as directed and it makes a white, viscous dressing-like sauce that does a great job on chicken.