Recipe by JanetSmith154
These bars have many names, have many variations. In the south (Arkansas) they are called Gooey Bars, and are made as follows.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the 1st 3 ingredients
- Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pyrex dish.
- Combine the eggs, cream cheese, and box of powdered sugar ingredients with a mixer and pour over crust.
- Bake 35 minutes until the top is lightly brown and slightly puffy.
- Sift powered sugar on top and let cool COMPLETELY before cutting.