Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
A dish that I developed because I like the taste of mushrooms. The lemon enhances the mushroom flavour
- 2 mushrooms
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 dash lemon juice
- butter, for frying (just enough to stop the mushrooms sticking to the pan if you are not using a non-stick frypan)
- Clean the mushrooms by wiping them with a damp cloth.
- Remove the stems, cutting them into very tiny pieces, then gently heating them in a non-stick pan for about two minutes.
- Remove the pieces from the pan.
- Grease a pan with the butter (or use a non-stick frypan).
- Place the (stemless) mushrooms in the pan so each becomes a small'cup'.
- Divide the mushroom pieces evenly between the'cups'.
- Add a pinch of paprike and a dash of lemon juice to each'cup'.
- Heat in the frypan until the mushrooms are cooked (but not broken up).
I used this recipe to test my first ever mushrooms from my homegrown mushrooms. It highlighted the mushrooms perfectly accentuating the fresh taste without overwhelming it. Great combination.
This was pretty good, I haven't ever tried mushrooms with lemon juice in them before it was diffrent. I liked them! THanks for posting
I really enjoyed having these for dinner tonight. I sprinkled some 'Hot and sour sauce' over these and enjoyed these little cups of mushrooms with white bread. Very tasty and a great recipe! Thanks for sharing this, Sandra. I loved it! Thank You Very Much:)!