Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a kids' cookbook I had lying around, these are made to be coloured with food colouring and iced for flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (350F). Line a 12-hole patty cake tin with paper cases.
- Put the flour, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and food colouring in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat for 4minutes or until the cake is smooth.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the paper cases until they are 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cupcakes have risen. Remove from the oven to cool.
- To make the icing: sift icing sugar into a bowl, and add the butter, hot water and a few drops of food colouring. Mix until smooth. Spread the icing over the cakes and top with sweets or sprinkles.