Prep 6 mins
Cook 25 mins
The cake of the day. My friend shares this recipe once time in a lifetime, but it's yours. The liquid in this cake can be substituted with milk. You'll enjoy the moist taste of this cake.
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder, sifted
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease 8-inch round baking tin and set aside. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs folding into mixture until blended.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and fold one or two times.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and fold.
- Add water and vanilla then continue to fold (be careful not to over fold, you just want to fold enough to rub out dry ingredients).
- Bake in oven set at 350°F Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until when tested with toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before attempting to remove.
Great cake! Would be perfect for a victoria sponge...Only better. The recipie makes a nice thick cake. Definitely a keeper! thanks!