Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
There is no soaking, no mess, no added fat, and even my mom can't ruin this one!
- Bring water to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, add brown rice, cover, and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, without opening pot.
- After 45 minutes, turn off heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
- DO NOT OPEN POT UNTIL 15 MINUTES ARE OVER.
- Open pot and fluff perfect rice.
The rice came out right for me because I use 3 cups water, 1cup brown rice and 1 tsp salt and simmer until all the water was absorbed.
Rice so good I chubbed up.
Absolutely perfect! I always make brown rice and it is still grainy. NOT this time! I think it needs a little salt though