Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
There is no soaking, no mess, no added fat, and even my mom can't ruin this one!
- Bring water to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, add brown rice, cover, and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, without opening pot.
- After 45 minutes, turn off heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
- DO NOT OPEN POT UNTIL 15 MINUTES ARE OVER.
- Open pot and fluff perfect rice.
I am rating this only 3 stars because my rice still has a little crunch to it. It is better than all the other recipes I've tried, but I just can't get the rice to be completely cooked through. I followed the directions to the letter. Thanks for posting, unfortunately I need to keep searching though.
I hate to break the trend of 5 star reviews! But I'm still looking for the "perfect brown rice" recipe. I followed the directions exactly, yet it was burned on the bottom and still not soft like I would like it. Thanks anyway! :o)
There was still a little water at the bottom of the pan, but the rice was cooked through. I may cook it longer or use a little water next time, like a tablespoon less. Thanks for posting the recipe.