Recipe by ix3fruits
This is a basic biscotti recipe I found on the internet on foodfit.com. I made some substitions. You'll need powdered sugar to roll the dough in, instead of flour.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll your dough into logs on a surface that you've lightly covered in powdered sugar. If you roll the dough in flour, the biscotti will lose some sweetness.
- Bake the logs at 350°F for 15 minutes, just until firm to the touch. Allow the logs to cool and then using a serrated knife, slice them into ½-inch slices on the diagonal.
- Turn your oven down to 300°F and bake them again for 10 to 15 minutes, until they're dry and lightly toasted, but don't let them burn.
- If you don't have the time to do both baking processes in the same day, the half-baked logs can be wrapped and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. Then just slice and bake them.