Recipe by Kayne
I tried to find a recipe that was not too complicated, This was the result. I started with a very basic recipe from "Cooking with Chef Doug", and added some extra spices to it. It was delicious. Since neither of us likes BBQ sauce, this recipe is ideal for us.
Top Review by IRON CHEF RAY
This recipe was really good. Ribs turned out to be tender and the flavor was excellent. I also used Sweet baby rays bbq sauce as well. I first had intended to bbq, but due to bad weather here I had to do oven ribs. This recipe is really good give it a try and you'll like it.
- 2 lbs baby back ribs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish with a non-stick spray.
- Remove the thin membrane from the bone side of the ribs. Using a paper towel to hold the membrane will make this easier.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl or dish.
- Rub the dry ingredients into each side of the slab(s) of ribs.
- Place ribs, bone side down, into baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil, cut two or three slits into the foil.
- Bake for one hour to one hour fifteen minutes, remove the foil. Cook for an additional hour, or until the meat is tender enough to pull apart easily.
- If desired, cover with favorite BBQ sauce.