1 hr 20 mins
John 11-44's Note:
A delicious Polish desert bread. We used to always get it at easter but great any time, toasted up and slathered in REAL Butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Beat eggs with sugar using an electric mixer for 5 minutes at high speed.
- 3Mix chopped nuts, raisins and orange peel with 2 tablespoons of flour.
- 4Mix remaining flour with baking powder and salt.
- 5Cream together the butter, lemon peel and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- 6Beat in vodka, then add egg mixture gradually, beating constantly.
- 7Add the flour mixture and beat for 5 minutes.
- 8Fold fruit-nut mixture into the batter.
- 9Turn into a greased and floured 9x5x3-inch pan or a 1 1/2 quart ring mold.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour.
- 11Cool cake in pan on wire rack for ten minutes, then turn cake out onto rack and cool completely.
- 12Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside to mellow for a couple of days.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Placek Swiateczny - Polish Dessert Bread
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1442.4
- Calories from Fat 607
- Total Fat 67.4 g
- Saturated Fat 32.5 g
- Cholesterol 386.3 mg
- Sodium 892.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 190.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 115.7 g
- Protein 20.9 g