Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious Polish desert bread. We used to always get it at easter but great any time, toasted up and slathered in REAL Butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs with sugar using an electric mixer for 5 minutes at high speed.
- Mix chopped nuts, raisins and orange peel with 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Mix remaining flour with baking powder and salt.
- Cream together the butter, lemon peel and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Beat in vodka, then add egg mixture gradually, beating constantly.
- Add the flour mixture and beat for 5 minutes.
- Fold fruit-nut mixture into the batter.
- Turn into a greased and floured 9x5x3-inch pan or a 1 1/2 quart ring mold.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for ten minutes, then turn cake out onto rack and cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside to mellow for a couple of days.