1/5 Photos of Pizzoccheri With Chard
Pizzoccheri is a northern Italian buckwheat pasta dish with chard plant, potatoes, and cheese. Traditionaly cabbage is used in this recipe, but I prefer chard plant from my garden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g green chard leaves, in 1 cm cubes
- 300 g potatoes, peeled, in 1 cm cubes
- 100 g margarine
- 2 big onions, peeled and sliced
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 500 g pizzoccheri pasta (buckwheat flat ribbon pasta, available in some supermarkets or specialist delis) or 500 g whole wheat pasta, e.g. penne
- 200 g mountain cheese or 200 g Fontina cheese, in 1 cm cubes
- 100 parmigiano, cheese in small cubes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the green chard leaves and the potatoes and boil for 5 minutes.
- 2Add the pizzoccheri pasta and potato and continue to cook for 10 to 15 minutes to packet instructions.
- 3In the meanwhile melt the margarine in a large frying pan and fry the onions with the sage until the onions are well roasted.
- 4Drain the pizzoccheri, potatoes and chard plant mixture.
- 5Remove from the heat, stir in the onions and the cheese and mix slightly. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Chard Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chard Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizzoccheri With Chard
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 897.0
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 734.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green chard leaves
fresh sage leaves