Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
pizzeettes are mini pizzas. Use any of your favorite toppings. From Giada De Laurentiis.
Make and share this Pizzettes With Gorgonzola, Tomato and Basil recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces pizza dough
- 5 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf, torn into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough into a 1/4 inch thick round.
- Cut circles using a 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, about 30.
- Arrange circles on 2 large baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with gorgonzola.
- Top with cherry tomatoes, pressing them gently into the dough.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the pizzettes with the oil and sprinkle with the basil, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
These were excellant. Very easy to make, quick and the gorgonzola cheese gave it an excellant flavor. The cherry tomatoes were a little messy, I think next time I will used regular diced tomatoes. The fresh basil was a nice touch.
Easy, fast and very tasty. I love that this is so versital. I cut mine about twice as big as called for, used mama's kitchen basic pizza dough, baked at 425 degrees for about 15-20 minutes and they turned out great. Dave will love these for quick lunches during the week. Thanks Susie.