Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
pizzeettes are mini pizzas. Use any of your favorite toppings. From Giada De Laurentiis.
- 12 ounces pizza dough
- 5 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf, torn into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough into a 1/4 inch thick round.
- Cut circles using a 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, about 30.
- Arrange circles on 2 large baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with gorgonzola.
- Top with cherry tomatoes, pressing them gently into the dough.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the pizzettes with the oil and sprinkle with the basil, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
These were excellant. Very easy to make, quick and the gorgonzola cheese gave it an excellant flavor. The cherry tomatoes were a little messy, I think next time I will used regular diced tomatoes. The fresh basil was a nice touch.
Easy, fast and very tasty. I love that this is so versital. I cut mine about twice as big as called for, used mama's kitchen basic pizza dough, baked at 425 degrees for about 15-20 minutes and they turned out great. Dave will love these for quick lunches during the week. Thanks Susie.