Warm cheesy mashed potatoes on top of a deep dish pizza crust. Yummy appetizer. Loved this in the restaurant. Have not tried this recipe yet. Found it on www.recipegoldmine.com Measurements were not on the original, so I just made them up. When I try the recipe, I will come back and edit the amounts It seems so easy, I can't wait to try it (although its not on my diet).
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place mashed potatoes to a thickness of about 1/2 inch on top of pizza crust.
- Bake until potatoes are warm (about 160 degrees F).
- Top with a heavy layer of shredded Cheddar cheese and sprinkle bacon bits on the top of cheese. Place back into oven and heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream and chives.