Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Warm cheesy mashed potatoes on top of a deep dish pizza crust. Yummy appetizer. Loved this in the restaurant. Have not tried this recipe yet. Found it on www.recipegoldmine.com Measurements were not on the original, so I just made them up. When I try the recipe, I will come back and edit the amounts It seems so easy, I can't wait to try it (although its not on my diet).
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place mashed potatoes to a thickness of about 1/2 inch on top of pizza crust.
- Bake until potatoes are warm (about 160 degrees F).
- Top with a heavy layer of shredded Cheddar cheese and sprinkle bacon bits on the top of cheese. Place back into oven and heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream and chives.
This is a great recipe! I decided to make it with my daughter. It came out beautifully and everyone loved eating it. a couple of important pointers.<br/>1. it doesn't say if the pizza crust needs to be cooked already or not so we pre-cooked the pizza crust almost fully before adding the mashed potatoes<br/>2. the prep time is not entirely accurate. don't forget that you're making the mashed potatoes (at least we did from scratch), then you're frying and grating the beacon and you're pre-baking the pizza crust. I did purchase the cheese that was already shaved<br/><br/>I would say that the prep time is about an hour and the cooking time is accurate for 1 pizza skin. we were making 5 so it took us 3 hours of prep and cooking time (they don't all fit in the oven at once) so we had a conveyor-like system<br/><br/>overall a great recipe!
Very good. I made this for Easter and my family ate it all up!