Recipe by Baker baker Jess
I found this in CopyKat recipes a few years ago and I've been using it ever since. I don't think it tastes exactly like Pizzeria Uno, but it's pretty close. I've changed the recipe a little from the original to give it more flavor.
Top Review by aseabury
I made this crust and was able to achieve the crossaint-like crust texture of Unos Pizza by using the following technique: Roll the dough about 1/4 inch thick.Pat with cold butter. Fold, roll, and repeat with the butter.Do this process about 3 or 4 times.then arrange in pizza pan.May let rise for 20 minutes before baking.Wella! you have crust like Unos!
- 1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- measure ingredients into bread machine in order listed, making sure that the yeast does not have contact with the salt. Use the dough cycle. Mine takes 1 hour and 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 500. If using pizza stone, oven temperature should be at 450. Spread finished dough into lightly oiled pizza pan or divide into 2 small deep dish pans. Finish pizza desired. Bake until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted 15-20 minutes.