1/10 Photos of Pizzeria Uno Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
2 hrs 50 mins
Pretty good clone of the best Chicago-style pizza you will ever eat. Great recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup warm tap water (110-115 degrees)
- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup course ground cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1Pour the warm water into a large mixing bowl and dissolve the yeast with a fork.
- 2Add 1 cup of flour, all of the cornmeal, salt, and vegetable oil, and mix well with a spoon.
- 3Continue stirring in the rest of the flour 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl. Flour your hands and the work surface and knead the ball of dough until it is no longer sticky.
- 4Let the dough rise in an oiled bowl, sealed with plastic wrap, for 45-60 minutes in a warm place, until it has doubled in size.
- 5Punch it down and knead it briefly.
- 6Press it into an oiled 15-inch deep dish pizza pan until it comes 2 inches up the sides and is even on the bottom of the pan.
- 7Let the dough rise 15-20 minutes before filling.
- 8Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- 9While the dough is rising, prepare the filling.
- 10Cook the sausage until it is no longer pink and drain the excess fat.
- 11When the dough has finished its second rising, lay the cheese over the dough shell.
- 12Distribute the sausage and garlic over the cheese.
- 13Top with the tomatoes.
- 14Sprinkle on the seasonings and Parmesan cheese.
- 15Bake for 15 minutes at 500°F, then lower the temperature to 400°F and finish baking for 25-35 minutes longer.
- 16Lift up a section of the crust from time to time with a spatula to check its color. The crust will be golden brown when done.
- 17Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizzeria Uno Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.6
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 1377.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 31.5 g