Recipe by Dancer^
We love this pizza. I have also used spicy Italian sausage. I get 2 pizza's out of this recipe. It all depends on the side of the crust.
Top Review by CJAY
We liked this pizza but not as much as the canadian bacon one (also posted by Dancer). I added a few pieces of canadian bacon, skipped the fennel and sugar. I cooked it for 35 minutes and it was slightly overcooked. I should have looked at the 30 minutes mark. I'll make this again but think I'll cook it at a higher temp. in the center of the oven for a shorter time. Thanks, Dancer.
- 1 lb fresh bulk pork sausage, mildly seasoned, remove casings and crumble
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 loaf frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown pork sausage with green pepper in medium skillet; drain well.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, fennel seed, sugar and oregano.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Using 14-inch pizza pan or 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan, prepare pizza crust following package directions.
- Layer provolone cheese, sausage mixture, mozzarella cheese on pizza crust.
- Bake on lowest rack of oven at 375 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.