Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This quick and easy sauce tastes like that which you would find at your neighborhood pizzeria! I found the original recipe on the Internet, but adapted it to my families taste.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- In a medium saucepan, sauté garlic in oil until golden.
- Add tomato paste, water, sugar, oregano, basil, cheese and wine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes over medium low heat.
Excellent sauce, made it last night and it was fabulous. I am making it again tonight it was so good. Thanks!!!!!
This is delicious sauce!!! The only thing is in the ingredient section it says puree and the instructions it says paste. I figured it was paste. This is so good, it reminded me of pizza we used to get in MA, I think it was the red wine. Great recipe!!! 10 stars if I could.
Fantastic sauce. Easy and quick to make and delicious to boot! I was going to pass on the cheese in the sauce, but glad I didn't. I think it adds a richness and distinctive flavor. Thanks for posting this recipe.