Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A simple appetizer. Leave off the pepperoni for a vegetarian version.
- 1 French baguette
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 8 roma tomatoes, cut into 6 slices
- 24 basil leaves
- 48 slices pepperoni
- 24 slices mozzarella cheese
- 12 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Slice the baguette into 24 slices.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of each slice.
- Toast bread 3 inches from broiler for 1 minute per side.
- Rub one side of each piece of bread with peeled garlic clove.
- Top each slice of bread with 2 slices of tomato, 1 fresh basil leave, 2 slices of pepperoni, 1 slice of mozzarella, and 1/2 tsp grated Parmesan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for one minute, until cheese melts.
Excellent! I made this as an appetizer for an Italian dinner I made for company and everyone loved them. I didn't make any changes to the recipe and it came out perfectly. Thanks for a great recipe and congratulations on winning the football pool last week!
#1, Congrats on your win in the football pool !! These were really interesting and different. I just realized I made a HUGE mistake on preparing this so want to make again, and will come back and adjust my review accordingly. Stand by!!
I totally agree with Evelyn. It just doesn't get much better. I did chop the basil leaves and left the pepperoni off of mine but added it to Dave's. I didn't use french baguettes but Rita's Australian Cheese, Garlic and Chive Damper which had just come out of the oven. It added great flavor to this simple snake, which ended up being dinner for us. thanks Kelbel