Recipe by KelBel
A simple appetizer. Leave off the pepperoni for a vegetarian version.
Top Review by Lainey39
Excellent! I made this as an appetizer for an Italian dinner I made for company and everyone loved them. I didn't make any changes to the recipe and it came out perfectly. Thanks for a great recipe and congratulations on winning the football pool last week!
- 1 French baguette
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 8 roma tomatoes, cut into 6 slices
- 24 basil leaves
- 48 slices pepperoni
- 24 slices mozzarella cheese
- 12 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the baguette into 24 slices.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of each slice.
- Toast bread 3 inches from broiler for 1 minute per side.
- Rub one side of each piece of bread with peeled garlic clove.
- Top each slice of bread with 2 slices of tomato, 1 fresh basil leave, 2 slices of pepperoni, 1 slice of mozzarella, and 1/2 tsp grated Parmesan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for one minute, until cheese melts.