Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
You will get requests to make these again and again.
- 3⁄4 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb bulk pork sausage
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 sandwich buns, split
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup pizza sauce, bread crumbs, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef and sausage over mixture; mix well. shape into six patties.
- In a skillet, cook patties over medium heat until no longer pink. Top with remaining pizza sauce and the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls.
This was quite good. I made pizza sauce from scratch and used ground turkey and Light Maple breakfast sausage. It was a little hard to keep together when cooking, but tasted great and stayed together once on the bun. Everyone liked it!
I didn't have bulk pork sausage, so I decided to use hot Italian pork sausage. I also realized I was out of sandwich rolls, so after the burgers were cooked I topped each one with lots of pizza sauce and then melted the cheese over that. Served with garlic bread and a crisp green salad. Very good!