Recipe by looneytunesfan
You will get requests to make these again and again.
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
This was quite good. I made pizza sauce from scratch and used ground turkey and Light Maple breakfast sausage. It was a little hard to keep together when cooking, but tasted great and stayed together once on the bun. Everyone liked it!
- 3⁄4 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb bulk pork sausage
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 sandwich buns, split
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup pizza sauce, bread crumbs, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef and sausage over mixture; mix well. shape into six patties.
- In a skillet, cook patties over medium heat until no longer pink. Top with remaining pizza sauce and the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls.