Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
Recipe posted by request. I found it on www.godecookery.com This classic wafer cookie recipe was contributed originally by Michelle de Tomasso.
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine, melted (do not use more or substitute oil)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or 2 tablespoons anise extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Beat eggs, adding sugar gradually.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add cooled margarine and vanilla or anise.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Blend into egg mixture until smooth.
- Dough will be sticky enough to be dropped by spoon (use standard kitchen teaspoon, not a measuring spoon).
- Bake in a Pizzelle baker, 20-30 seconds; baking time will vary depending on consistency of dough, size of pizzelles and your preference for browning.