Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have a Pizzelle Iron that was my mother's and I make these every Christmas. I roll them while they are hot and once cooled, I dip the ends in melted Dark Chocolate and lay them to dry on wax paper.
- Beat eggs and sugar until well blended.
- Add COOLED margarine and blend well.
- Add anise oil.
- ADD flour and baking soda slowly until completely combined.
- Mix in the aniseed.
- Drop by small spoonful onto pizzelle iron -- close lid and cook for 30 seconds.
- Take off iron and if so desired, roll using the handle of a wooden spoon. You MUST roll it while it's hot.
- Let cool.
- Store in an air tight container for up to two weeks. Freezes well.
I love these. I helped my host mom in Germany make these for New Years. She would give these as a gift. They rolled theirs like sugar cone on a cone shaped roller, and put cream inside.