Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here are a couple of Pizzelle recipes for you. I also make them with almond extract. I would not hesitate to try them with others. Margie: Pizzelle Alle Nocciole Time :0:00
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup hazelnuts, ground
- WHISK THE EGGS WITH THE SUGAR and salt until light. Melt the butter and stir in.
- Sift together all the remaining ingredients except the hazelnuts and fold in.
- Stir in the hazelnuts last. Heat Pizzelle iron and place 1 teaspoon of batter on each imprint. Close iron and bake 30 seconds.
- Cool on racks.
- NICK MALGIERI - PRODIGY GUEST CHEFS COOKBOOK - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is a great recipe but they take well over a minute in my iron. I also make these leaving out the coco with a tsp. of vanilla instead; they are heavenly. (Be sure to remove the nut skins). Nick's book says the recipe yields 32 pizzelli.