Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Deliciously simple and simply delicious.
- 2 medium pita breads (about 6 inches)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 8 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Separate each pita into two.
- Spread 1 garlic clove onto each pita round.
- Arrange 4-6 basil leaves over garlic.
- Top with 3 slices of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese on each and drizzle 2 teaspoons of olive oil on each.
- Bake on cookie sheet in 400-degree oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese melts and pizzas are bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
These were wonderful, I cut back on the oil. I used 8 pitas and only 2 tsps. of oil. Left everything else the same and cut each into 4 for appetizers. Great recipe miller, fast easy, just the way I like it. A keeper.
Great! They were very similar to margherita pizzas, but I especially enjoyed the light, crispy pita crust. Thanks for a keeper!