Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
My favorite sandwich of all time! What used to be available only from those hole-in-the-wall Italian pizzarias can now come strait from your kitchen! Soooo gooood!
- 1 loaf Italian bread, unsliced (from the grocer bakery section)
- 1⁄2 lb deli ham, sliced thin
- 6 slices deli hard salami, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 sweet onion, sliced very thin
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoncini pepper
- 6 basil leaves, sliced thin
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced thin
- Cut bread in half lenghthwise all of the way through.
- Lay both halves side by side on a cookie sheet.
- Brush on a coating of Italian dressing on cut sides of both halves of bread.
- Layer bottom half with ham, salami, cheese and onion.
- Spread top half with pepperocini.
- Place pan under broiler, not too close -- until cheese is melted and bubbling. Remove from oven.
- Layer top half with oregeno, basil, lettuce and tomato slices.
- Drizzle with a little more italian dressing.
- Put both halves of sandwich together.
- Cut into thirds and serve,.