Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
In local paper with beef tendorloin as the meat, but can be used with chicken, pork! Enjoy, it was good!
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pepperoncini pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- Simmer the wine in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced by half, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the herbs and pepperoncini.
- Set aside to steep for 30 minutes before preparing the rest of the sauce.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute, stirring often, until light golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Remove the bay leaf from the wine mixture and discard it.
- Add the wie mixture to the pan with the tomatoes and contine to summer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, set aside.
- Either cook your meat in a pan, or put in oven with sauce.