Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We had these often when growing up- one of our favorite budget stretcher meals. My own kids love these! They freeze well- either before baking for OAMC or after they are cooked.
- 24 English muffins, split
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup leftover spaghetti or 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line cookie sheets or jelly roll pans with parchment paper (any cheese will peel right off for easy cleanup and is reuseable).
- Separate English muffins and place on pans.
- Combine ground beef, sauce, egg, oregano, and parmesan cheese, mixing well.
- Spread a small amount of meat mixture- about 3 tablespoons-- evenly across the top of each English muffin face (I use my hands for this), no thicker than 1/4 inch.
- Sprinkle each with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 13-15 min or until cheese is golden brown.