Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a superquick thick-crust dough for pizzas. One batch makes a large baking sheet which can be cut into 9 sizable portions. This freezes and defrosts excellently. Prep time excludes topping prep.
- 500 g self raising flour
- 500 ml buttermilk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon dried herb, of choice (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Oil hands and press into greased baking sheet.
- Dough must be 1 cm high when finished.
- Place your favourite pizza topping onto this and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
Excellent pizza dough. I sprinkled my pizza pan with a little corn meal before spreading the dough and it worked well. Very thick crust. thanks
It's a bit hard to shape, but I still managed to use this to make calzones successfully! I used whole wheat self-raising flour and soy-milk with 2 tablespoons white vinegar.Mine was ready at 27 minutes. Thanks for a great yeast-free recipe that's quick!