The wraps reheat nicely in the microwave or just throw them in a oiled frying pan for a few minutes to warm them up. Feel free to play with the ingredients or the flavor of the tortilla shell. Stacey
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly oil tortilla with extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle on parmesan or romano cheese.
- Arrange the provolone, pepperoni or sausage, and red peppers in the center of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese.
- Fold up bottom fourth of shell, then fold over top fourth starting with one side, roll up the wrap to completely enclose filling.
- Place on a hot frying pan seam side down.
- Brush with additional oil; sprinkle on additional parmesan or romano, if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
This was awesome! I didn't used sliced provolone, just a mixture of shredded Italian cheese. This was crunchy just like thin crust pizza and definitely a simpler way to get the similar taste.
Terrific! I used string cheese instead of shredded mozzarella. I didn't use the provolone and they were still good; I think because I used a tbsp of pizza sauce. I sauted some mushrooms, onions and green peppers and added black olives. My family ate them up. There were none left to try as leftovers!
love these. thanks so much