Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
These are a nice appetizer or a handy snack. My kids love them.
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup ham
- 1 tablespoon crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce
- 20 wonton wrappers
- Grind ham or chop very fine.
- Mix together ham, pineapple, and cheese.
- Add just enough spaghetti sauce to let the ingredients stick together.
- Place a wonton wrapper on the table with one corner facing you.
- Place 1-2 teaspoons filling on wrapper, just above the corner.
- Wet edges of wonton slightly.
- Fold corner facing you over filling, then overlap right and left corners over the top.
- Roll up and press slightly to seal.
- Deep fry in hot oil just until golden. This only takes about 30 seconds. If you leave them too long they will burst.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Freeze on a cookie sheet and transfer to a plastic bag or container.
- Re-heat in oven or microwave.
I loved these. I made some as directed and some with pepperoni and sausage in place of the ham and pineapple( I microwaved the pepperoni on paper towels a bit first to render grease) Both ways they turned out terrific. Thanks!
These pizza wontons were very tasty. I didn't change the filling, but I did wrap the wontons into three different shapes including crab rangoon shape, Chinese wonton shape and simple roll shape. My family loved those and I had fun making them. Thanks so much for the recipe!
This is an awesome recipe. I was leary of the pineapple in this but my family loved it. DS has since then ordered pizza with pineapple on it. I made this for our dinner with some fries and a salad. Thank you for sharing with tasty recipe.