Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Want to try something alittle different? Well this is a nice recipe. The crust is unusal, but very good!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -4 teaspoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 8 -10 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces tomato sauce or 8 ounces pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- parmesan cheese
- Crust: Place butter in a 9x13 pan and place into a hot oven (400 degrees) to melt.
- Mix the remaining ingredients.
- Take out pan and tilt it so the butter will coat bottom, reduce the heat of the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the crust over the top of the butter.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- While Crust is baking, prepare toppings.
- Toppings: heat oil in a small skillet and saute' onion, garlic until lightly brown.
- Stir in tomato sauce, oregano, salt.
- Spread the crust with the tomato mixture-- top with the cheese.
- BAke another 5 minutes to melt cheese and heat pizza through.
- NOTE: You can add mushroom, sausage or other toppings to the tomato mixture if you like.
The crust on this is baked rather like an oven baked pancake and as such, is swimming in butter. As a result the crust is not a crisp one but rather soft. The toppings in this recipe are rather basic. But this does make a pleasant change for a Sunday light dinner. My three year old ate without protest so it definately passes the kid-friendly test. Good if you want something quick and your pantry is running low on interesting things.