Recipe by Kim127
Top Review by MA Blossom
A tasty alternative! I served this as part of a pizza buffet and those who tried it really liked it. I sauteed the onions for about 45 minutes to really bring out their sweetness then added the honey and vinegar and let it all cook a little longer. The onion mixture kept well in the fridge until I assembled the pie a few hours later. I used homemade dough for the crust and it all worked just fine. I will make this again. Thanks, Kim.
- 22.18 ml olive oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 9.85 ml honey
- 9.85 ml balsamic vinegar
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 12 inch Boboli pizza crusts
- 226.79 g crumbled feta cheese
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat, add onions and saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add honey and vinegar, reduce heat and saute until onions are golden brown, about another 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place pizza crust on pizza stone or baking sheet, sprinkle with cheese and thyme.
- Top this with onion mixture, then mushrooms.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.