Make and share this Pizza With Honey, Caramelized Onions, Cheese and Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat, add onions and saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add honey and vinegar, reduce heat and saute until onions are golden brown, about another 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place pizza crust on pizza stone or baking sheet, sprinkle with cheese and thyme.
- Top this with onion mixture, then mushrooms.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
A tasty alternative! I served this as part of a pizza buffet and those who tried it really liked it. I sauteed the onions for about 45 minutes to really bring out their sweetness then added the honey and vinegar and let it all cook a little longer. The onion mixture kept well in the fridge until I assembled the pie a few hours later. I used homemade dough for the crust and it all worked just fine. I will make this again. Thanks, Kim.
Yummy toppings. I caramelized the onions without the honey, used homemade crust and also added salami, which was great. I made half of this as one pizza (I wasn't sure what "zaar's" conversion to 12 inches meant, but figured for the amount of toppings it had to be 2 crusts).
Great pizza! I made it using Boboli mini crusts. Liked the hint of honey in the onions. Made for Best of 2011 game.