1/3 Photos of Pizza With Caramelized Leeks, Pear and Blue Cheese
This is an incredible taste treat. For the gourmet foodie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large leeks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dried sherry wine
- 1 medium bosc pear
- 1 pre-cooked 12-inch pizza crust (yours or something like Boboli)
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1Trim off and discard the root ends and the dark green portion of the leeks.
- 2Cut them in half lengthwise and discard the toughest outer layers.
- 3Rinse thoroughly between the layers to remove any grit.
- 4Pat the leeks dry and slice them crosswise into thin shreds.
- 5Preheat the broiler.
- 6Melt the butter in a heavy saute pan and add the leeks, rosemary, and salt.
- 7Saute, stirring occasionally, until tender and nicely browned, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the sherry and stir until the liquid dissolves.
- 8Slice the pear in half lengthwise and cut out the core section.
- 9Slice each half thinly and gently toss the slices with the lemon juice.
- 10Transfer the leeks to the pizza crust and spread them out evenly, leaving about a 1-inch border all around the outside free of topping.
- 11Arrange the sliced pears in a single layer on top of the leeks.
- 12Evenly distribute the blue cheese over the pears.
- 13Sprinkle on the paprika.
- 14Bake the pizza 4 inches from the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- 15Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza With Caramelized Leeks, Pear and Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.2
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 355.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
12-inch pizza crust