Recipe by MirandaLee
These were another old school lunch room recipe that is also no longer made. We got the recipe and really enjoy these.
Top Review by bullwinkle
We really liked these. I didn't use quite as much cheese as listed. I frozen some and they tasted pretty good. We thought mushrooms would tate good added to this. It was easy to make. Thanks Recipezaar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 can ripe olives
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- salt & pepper
- 2 (12 ounce) packagesshredded pizza cheese
- hoagie roll
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger and onion, drain well.
- Add other ingredients except cheese.
- Cut buns in half and butter them.
- Put ground beef mixture on each and then cheese on each.
- Bake on cookie sheet for awhile and then broil under broiler until cheese bubbles.
- These can be frozen (before baking) and taken out when needed to bake and broil.