Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
When I went to Junior High School we where served this open faced sandwich on Wednesdays. And this was the only day I would eat at school. I loved this so much that I asked for the recipe. I still serve this to kids in the family now and then and of course I will sneak one for myself. Don't let the time scare you that is mostly refrigerator time.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package hamburger buns
- Brown beef drain and let cool.
- Mix together the cheese, tomato soup, oregano, garlic salt and meat.
- Let stand in the refrigerator 4 hours before using the spread.
- You can use a little at a time Just Keep it refrigerated.
- To make Pizza Wiches spread a rounded Tablespoon onto half of a hamburger bun then broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
I made these for my three girls last night and they loved them! In fact the leftovers that I intended to try freezing they want again for tonight! I love it when the two picky eaters in my family love something I make, so of course I am serving it to them again. In place of the 3/4 lb of cheddar, I used a mix of cheddar and mozzerella, about a cup of each and italian seasoning instead of oregano as I didn't have that. Thanks for this kid friendly, cheap and easy recipe.
These were great! They're just like the ones I used to love in Junior and High School. So simple to make. The whole family loved them too! Thanks for the momories.