Recipe by Lechef in Boise ID
My kids go crazy for them. They can be frozen and toast them just like regular, store bought waffles.
Top Review by Claidan
These were delicious! I can't believe it but I was almost completely out of regular flour so I used wheat flour. Still delish and much more healthy but I can't wait to make them again with white flour. Also, I only have a belgian waffle so these were quite big and filling. I think they would be even beter yet if they were done on a regular sized waffle. Either way, we made 2 batches so I can freeze some and the kids loved it. My kids ate them for dinner 2 nights ago and my sometimes picky eater/daughter asked for one for breakfast. I am very pleased with this recipe and its definitely a keeper.
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pizza seasoning
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated cheese
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packageof chopped Canadian bacon
- 1⁄2 lb of cooked ground pork
- your favorite pizza toppings
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a new bowl,beat egg yolks & milk.
- Stir the liquid ingredients to the dry ones.
- Mix in melted butter.
- Now add your cheese and pizza toppings.
- Beat egg whites til fluffy add them to batter just before making.
- Preheat the waffle Iron about 2 minutes.
- Add batter, cook and serve with pizza sauce.
- Can be cut up in sticks after cooking for easy dipping -- .