Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My kids go crazy for them. They can be frozen and toast them just like regular, store bought waffles.
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pizza seasoning
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated cheese
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packageof chopped Canadian bacon
- 1⁄2 lb of cooked ground pork
- your favorite pizza toppings
- Add all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a new bowl,beat egg yolks & milk.
- Stir the liquid ingredients to the dry ones.
- Mix in melted butter.
- Now add your cheese and pizza toppings.
- Beat egg whites til fluffy add them to batter just before making.
- Preheat the waffle Iron about 2 minutes.
- Add batter, cook and serve with pizza sauce.
- Can be cut up in sticks after cooking for easy dipping -- .
These were delicious! I can't believe it but I was almost completely out of regular flour so I used wheat flour. Still delish and much more healthy but I can't wait to make them again with white flour. Also, I only have a belgian waffle so these were quite big and filling. I think they would be even beter yet if they were done on a regular sized waffle. Either way, we made 2 batches so I can freeze some and the kids loved it. My kids ate them for dinner 2 nights ago and my sometimes picky eater/daughter asked for one for breakfast. I am very pleased with this recipe and its definitely a keeper.